General Knowldge Multiple Choice Questions
101. At the radio station, the announcer speaks into a microphone. The microphone changes the sound of his voice into an electrical signal. This signal is weak and can't travel very far, so it's sent to a transmitter. The transmitter mixes the signal with some strong radio signals called carrier waves. These waves are then sent out through a special antenna at the speed of light! They reach the antenna of your radio. Your antenna "catches" the signal, and the radio's amplifier strengthens the signal and sends it to the speakers. The speakers vibrate, and your ears pick up the vibrations and your brain translates them into the voice of the radio announcer back at the station. When you consider all the places the announcer's voice travels. wedding dress short front long back
102. Every radio station has its own frequency. When you turn the tuning knob on your radio, you are choosing which frequency you want your antenna to "catch."
103. Mountain lions are known by more than 100 names, including panther, catamount, cougar, painter and puma. Its scientific name is Felis concolor, which means "cat of one color." At one time, mountain lions were very common!
104. The large cats of the world are divided into two groups- those that roar, like tigers and African lions, and those that purr. Mountain lions purr, hiss, scream, and snarl, but they cannot roar. They can jump a distance of 30 feet, and jump as high as 15 feet. It would take quite a fence to keep a mountain lion out! Their favorite food is deer, but they'll eat other critters as well. They hunt alone, not in packs like wolves. They sneak up on their prey just like a house cat sneaks up on a bird or toy- one slow step at a time. A lion can eat ten pounds of meat at one time!
105. Queen ants can live to be 30 years old
106. Dragonflies can flap their wings 28 times per second and they can fly up to 60 miles per hour
107. As fast as dragonflies can flap their wings, bees are even faster... they can flap their wings 435 times per second
108. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
109. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath
110. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day
111. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
112. The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump!
113. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails!
114. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
115. Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible
116. Coca-Cola would be green if colouring weren't added to it.
117. More people are allergic to cow's milk than any other food.
118. Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand
119. Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
120. It?s against the law to burp, or sneeze in a church in Nebraska, USA.
121. Some worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food!
122. It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
123. Queen Elizabeth I regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months, whether she needed it or not
124. Slugs have 4 noses.
125. Owls are the only birds that can see the blue colour.
126. Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end
127. More than 1,000 different languages are spoken on the continent of Africa.
128. There was once an undersea post office in the Bahamas.
129. Abraham Lincoln's mother died when she drank the milk of a cow that grazed on poisonous snakeroot
130. After the death of Albert Einstein his brain was removed by a pathologist and put in a jar for future study.
131. Penguins are not found in the North Pole
132. A dentist invented the Electric Chair.
133. A whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound
134. Alexander Graham Bell's wife and mother were both deaf
135. Cockroaches break wind every 15 minutes.
136. Fish scales are an ingredient in most lipsticks
137. Canada" is an Indian word meaning "Big Village".
138. 259200 people die every day.
139. 11% of the world is left-handed
140. 1.7 liters of saliva is produced each day
141. The world?s oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!
142. The largest beetle in the Americas is the Hercules beetle, which can be 4 to 6 inches in length. That's bigger than your hand!
143. A full-grown male mountain lion may be 9 feet long, including his tail!
144. There are two kinds of radio stations: AM and FM. That's why there are two dials on your radio. AM is used mostly for stations that specialize in talking, such as Christian stations at have Bible stories and sermons; sports stations that broadcast live baseball and football games; and stations that specialize in news programs and "talk shows," where listeners call the station and discuss various topics. FM is used mostly for stations that specialize in music.
145. The average lead pencil can draw a line that is almost 35 miles long or you can write almost 50,000 words in English with just one pencil
146. The Wright Brothers invented one of the first airplanes. It was called the Kitty Hawk.
147. The worst industrial disaster in India occurred in 1984 in Bhopal the capital of Madhya Pradesh. A deadly chemical, methyl isocyanate leaked out of the Union Carbide factory killing more than 2500 and leaving thousands sick. In fact the effects of this gas tragedy are being felt even today.
148. Mars is nicknamed the "Red Planet," because it looks reddish in the night sky. Mars has 2 moons.
149. Venus is nicknamed the "Jewel of the Sky." Because of the greenhouse effect, it is hotter than Mercury, even though it's not as close to the sun. Venus does not have a moon but it does have clouds of sulfuric acid! If you're going to visit Venus, pack your gas mask!
150. Tens of thousands of participants come from all over the world, fight in a harmless battle where more than one hundred metric tons of over-ripe tomatoes are thrown in the streets.