OUR IRRATIONAL FEAR OF FAILURE IS WHAT KEEPS US FROM TRYING..TAKING RISK.. LEARNING & ULTIMATELY FROM SUCCEEDING
As a social entrepreneur, my first product launch came after months of worry, I struggled with the fear of putting our Skinfood products out in the market and not been accepted, I struggled with living up to other people's expectations on the kind of products "skin whiteners" I should be making, I struggled because I wanted a perfect product, ghen-ghen packaging etc, infact I doubted I was even good enough to run this whole skinfood movement... Such scary stuff that almost paralysed me from starting (but my God pass them...) red wedding guest dress
I thank God for my Hubby, He kept reassuring me and one day he said, "DON'T LET YOUR FEARS GET INSIDE YOUR HEAD. THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH OMANESS WAS BIRTHED IS FAR TOO GREAT FOR YOUR SMALL THOUGHTS..YOU DON'T NEED MUCH MORE THAN WHAT YOU HAVE NOW TO START. And for the record, He said- YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH THAN YOU GIVE YOURSELF CREDIT FOR"
His words and that of few of my friends helped me to overcome some of the fears I had and today OMANESS SKINFOOD is in business bringing wholesome nourishment to the skins of people. We are engaging a growing TRYBE of over 2.5k women towards BUILDING CONFIDENCE IN THEIR OWN SKIN & EMBRACING WHOLESOME BEAUTY PRACTICE.
Our BUSINESS OF SKINFOOD is creating opportunities for other women to start their own businesses as SKINFOOD MERCHANTS
Sounds good huh?
My hope is to inspire you with my own story... BUT KNOW THAT I'M NOT MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU ARE...I still do battle with fears like you, but I know I AM POWERFUL ENOUGH TO CONQUER THEM!
MY CHARGE TO YOU
1. Your are much more powerful, intelligent, attractive than you think
2. Surround yourself with people that affirm you
3. Don't ever be afraid to give yourself a chance to be everything you are capable of becoming
4. Everything doesn't have to be all perfect when you first start out...(there'll be room to make improvement)
5. I won't tell you "YOU DON'T NEED TO BE SCARED OF FAILURE" but what I'd tell you is "EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE FAILED BEFORE..FIND THE COURAGE TO TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH AGAIN